5 Simple Ways To Treat Yourself This Valentine's Day
What I find people often forgetting is that one of the most important people in our lives is ourself. I don't mean that in a selfish way... We just have to remember to keep our own happiness in mind, do things for ourselves and treat ourselves on occasion, right!? Valentine's Day should be for everyone, even us single girls! Why not take it as an excuse to treat yourself to something you may not normally do? Here are 5 of my favorite ways to treat myself. They don't cost much, they're super simple, and best of all... They don't require leaving the house. Happy (almost) Valentine's Day, girls!
1. Buy some cute PJs! Most nights I sleep in a huge old t shirt... But I recently decided to buy a cute pair of pjs (pictured above and linked below). Looking cute definitely makes you feel cute so it's worth something even if you're alone and not leaving the house! My PJ's here:
2. Eat your favorite foods! Either order in from your favorite spot or cook yourself your go-to feel good meal! For me, that's a big bowl of spaghetti! It's a good treat once in a while!
3. Do a face mask! Sheet masks are one of my favorite ways to treat myself and my skin. A lot of them are pricey but urban outfitters sells sheet masks 4 for $10 and they're some of my favorites! They also have amazing, under eye and lip treatment masks too! Find my favorites here:
4. Enjoy some time on your couch! I rarely find myself relaxing on the couch... I guess that's part of freelance life, work never stops. But I also find that my friends who work 9-5s also don't seem to take much time just to sit back, relax and clear their heads. Hunker down with a good book, your favorite movie or binge a new Netflix show (About A Boy is my current favorite). The most important part, let everything else go and just relax.
5. Sleep in! Let yourself go alarm-less over the weekend and let your body catch up a bit. I have to set alarms almost every single day but the days I don't have to be up at a certain time are a huge treat!
Photos by: Julie Kennedy Photography