As we all know, there is always room for improvement in every aspect of our lives. As things get busy, it’s so easy to let the most important things slip by the wayside.. Like taking care of ourselves and our bodies. There are so many ways that we can easily add extra self care into our daily lives. Here are 10 simple ways to start living a healthier life physically and mentally right now.
- Work Out- You’re probably thinking, yeah, I know I know! But I’m not telling you to go to the gym 5 times a week. I’m talking about adding simple, easy exercise into your daily life. Walk to work instead of taking an uber… do push ups on your counter while you’re waiting for the microwave, squats while you’re waiting for the toaster… Or, if you have time, sign up for your favorite workout class! One of my favorite tricks to make sure I don’t skip out on my workout is to wear my workout gear all day. I love the workout clothes from Peony and Me. THESE patterned leggings are so comfortable and different from the normal boring black pair. THIS top is also my new obsession. The details are so pretty and the long sleeve is perfect for going into Fall. I also love workout sneakers that look great. THESE are by Chinese Laundry and are so comfy and so cute! I actually have them in grey too!
- Stop and Smell The Roses- not necessarily being literal with this one… But, if you find roses, definitely stop and smell them! What I mean by this is, take time to notice the little things. Realize how good a cool breeze feels on your face or how beautiful the sun is reflecting off of the cities buildings. Just remember to pause, even if just for a moment to remember how beautiful even the little things are.
- Get Outside- Fresh air is so good for you! Make sure to spend at least a little bit of time outside every day.
- Breathe- We of course do this subconsciously. But, I want you take take at least a handful of full, big breaths every day. Especially if your’e having a stressful or busy day. You’ll be shocked at how calming just taking some deep breathes can be.
- Do At Least 1 Thing You Love Every Day- this can be something as simple as facetiming your best friend, or eating your favorite cereal for breakfast. Other ideas are to, cook, spend time with a loved one, watch an episode of your favorite show, pick up a treat on your way to work, like your favorite smoothie, a bagel or for me, a Starbucks chai latte.
- Take Time For Yourself- whether you have an hour for your favorite work out class or only 5 minutes for an at home meditation.. make sure to take time for yourself. One of my favorite ways to take time for myself is to snuggle with Obi on the couch with a chai in hand and watch an episode of Gilmore Girls.
- Get more sleep- I recently learned that not sleeping enough can actually lead to junk food cravings! Learn your body and train yourself to get as much sleep as you need every night (usually 8 hours). Instead of staying up late watching a movie or cruising through Instagram, do your skin care routine or take a bath. Do something to help calm you and get your body ready for real rest.
- Work on your posture- It’s so easy to slouch especially when we’re tired or stressed. It’s actually proven that sitting up straight can immediately give you a confidence boost. It also helps to open your lungs leading to more energy. In turn, those things will definitely put you in a better mood!
- Spend time with someone you love- I’m so guilty of isolating myself when I have a lot of work to do and I think a lot of us are… Not much feels better though than getting together with a close friend or a family member. Make it a priority to fit time in your life to spend with those you love.
- Hydrate- Drinking water is probably the simplest and most important way to keep yourself healthy. It’s magical what water can do your physical and mental health. Try to drink at least 2 liters of water per day. Finally buy the reusable water bottle you haven’t wanted to spend money on and always keep it with you. It makes it so much easier to keep drinking.
A big thank you to Stylinity, Chinese Laundry and Peony & Me for sponsoring this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.